Novus Law Group understands that buying or selling property is a big decision.
While many conveyancing transactions are straightforward, difficulties can arise and mistakes can be costly and have long-term consequences. If you want to protect your legal rights and have peace of mind, let the expert team at Novus Law Group help you.
Our lawyers and licensed conveyancers have many years of experience serving clients throughout Penrith and Western Sydney. Our clients include home buyers and sellers, experienced property investors, real estate agents and property developers.
When you work with us, you will receive attentive and knowledgeable service communicated in plain-English. We understand the importance of moving quickly, especially when property and auctions are involved. We provide quick turnaround and after-hours assistance, so you don’t have to miss out on the property you want.
We can assist you with:
- Residential purchases and sales.
- Residential auctions
- Off the plan or vacant land purchases.
- Strata units and apartments.
- Rural property
- Commercial property purchases and sales.
- Commercial auction purchases and sales.
- Mortgages and refinancing of the property.
- Retirement Village purchases and sales.
- First home owners, including assistance with First Home Owners Grant & NSW New Home Grant.
- Property developments
- Property division
Retail and Commercial Leasing
A retail or commercial lease is a legally binding contract between a business owner and the owner of the real estate property.
Novus Law Group can provide assistance with retail and commercial leases in a number of capacities. It is important to seek legal advice from an experienced commercial lawyer before entering a lease, as it has the potential of becoming a negative impact on your business’ cash flow at a later stage. Novus Law Group can assist you negotiating lease terms including the amount of rent you will pay, rent increases, duration of the lease, details of the fitout you wish to do the property and whether you can transfer or assign the lease.
Novus Law Group can assist you with:
- Drafting and reviewing retail and commercial leases.
- Negotiation for the terms of the lease (including rent, transfer options, duration, exit and renewal options).
- Subletting of premises.
- Insurance advice and assistance identifying the most suitable business insurance opportunities.
- Possible dispute resolution.
Some of the common things we find we need to discuss with clients include:
- If you’re a new business, check that the length of the lease suits you, as many landlords prefer to lock in a longer lease.
- There are several ways to calculate rental increases so make sure you understand and agree to the one chosen by your lessor.
- Read the section on property improvements very carefully as it should set out who can make changes, who pay for the modifications and whether you have to return the property to its original condition at the end of the lease.
- Make sure the lease includes all of the areas you expect to use including bathrooms, parking areas and common areas.
- Be careful that the lease doesn’t stop you from erecting signs in certain areas.
Please seek legal advice before you make any commitments, including signing an offer, paying a deposit or moving anything you own into the property.
Contact us to find out more or to arrange a consultation with an experienced conveyancer and property lawyer in Penrith and Western Sydney.